All Around the Box Thinking
At Moderne, we think outside of the box when it comes to business, design and branding. We take an all encompassing, hands-on approach to building homes, meaning thinking outside the box is a must, but so is thinking inside the box. Does the box have a consistent aesthetic? What materials are the box made from? Can the box help to create a positive impact in its surrounding neighborhood? That sort of thing.
Phoenix is the Moderne family’s home and we want to take care of our wonderful city. For more than 30 years our work has had a profound impact on street corners, neighborhoods, and communities throughout the metro area.
We take that responsibility and honor very seriously. As a result, we work with the highest caliber contractors, architects and designers to foster a balanced and creative environment for our residents and to ensure that our work supports the health of our communities.
We are committed to excellence in all areas of what we do. We commit to contributing towards the sustainability of the future by acting responsibly today.
- Design Development
- Project Design
- Hard Cost Budgeting Oversight
- Schedule Oversight
- Field Oversight
Our acquisition and development strategies rely on more than 135 years of combined experience to identify Phoenix market opportunities through both top-down and bottom-up sourcing approaches. Moderne has maintained the flexibility and financial discipline to capitalize on market conditions and valuation trends, and we are conservative in risk assessments.
- “Build to core” projects in locations where long-term and solid fundamentals create higher yielding investment returns compared to core purchases
- Lower hard and soft cost construction projects that create favorable spread to Class A acquisition costs through our construction management process
Deal flow is years of local relationships with brokers and owners, and our ability to capitalize on expertise across multiple company disciplines to evaluate the opportunities and risks associated with an investment.
- Requiring significant physical renovation in submarkets where new entitlements for development are difficult or infeasible
- Needing operational repositioning in core locations where rent levels are at a significantly lower price point than new assets
- Core and core-plus assets for a variety of capital sources using appropriate leverage and the intent of a long-term hold strategy