who we are
We are value creators. A seasoned team of industry experts who are devoted to creating and maximizing value for our investors, employees, residents and partners. Value not only has to be created – it has to be executed to endure. We do this by pushing the envelope of comfortability within every facet of execution and by challenging the norms.
Moderne is focused on delivering new and renovated multifamily projects that follow our guiding principles of “real.creative.living™
Moderne is a Phoenix-based, fully-integrated real estate alternative investment manager. We invest in the top decile of both existing and development opportunities that require value creation. Moderne focuses solely on the ever-expanding multifamily space; specializing in apartments and townhomes.
Our strategy involves investing thematically in order to provide practical and diverse solutions to the partners we work with and helping partners transform triumphantly. Our proficient and accomplished expertise and experience, pronounced attention to detail, and relationships set us apart from competitors.
Phoenix is the Moderne family’s home and we want to take care of our wonderful city. For more than 30 years our work has had a profound impact on street corners, neighborhoods, and communities throughout the metro area.
We take that responsibility and honor very seriously. As a result, we work with the highest caliber contractors, architects and designers to foster a balanced and creative environment for our residents and to ensure that our work supports the health of our communities.
We are committed to excellence in all areas of what we do. We commit to contributing towards the sustainability of the future by acting responsibly today.
Our acquisition and development strategies rely on more than 135 years of combined experience to identify Phoenix market opportunities through both top-down and bottom-up sourcing approaches. Moderne has maintained the flexibility and financial discipline to capitalize on market conditions and valuation trends, and we are conservative in risk assessments.
- Previously entitled land position
- Rezoning/downzoning from commercial for sale uses to lower density multifamily rental
- “Build to core” projects in locations where long-term and solid fundamentals create higher yielding investment returns compared to core purchases
- Lower hard and soft cost construction projects that create favorable spread to Class A acquisition costs through our construction management process
Deal flow is years of local relationships with brokers and owners, and our ability to capitalize on expertise across multiple company disciplines to evaluate the opportunities and risks associated with an investment.
- Requiring significant physical renovation in submarkets where new entitlements for development are difficult or infeasible
- Needing operational repositioning in core locations where rent levels are at a significantly lower price point than new assets
- Core and core-plus assets for a variety of capital sources using appropriate leverage and the intent of a long-term hold strategy